Saturday, May 23, 2009

All About Me

That title sounds pretty conceited. I dont think I really am, but I couldnt come up with a better title for now!

My name is Sarah. I am 24 years old. My husband, Jim, and I make our home in Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Jim is a huge part of my life. We have been married for almost 2 years - our anniversary is coming up in a week! We were together for 2 years before we got married. He first told me that I was the 'kind of girl he could fall in love with' within weeks of us dating. The look on my face must have shown my shock! A few weeks after that, Jim told me that when he said that he had already fallen in love with me! I can only imagine what my expression was that time. It didnt take long before I was completely head over heels for him as well!

Jim and I met working together at a local bank branch. I was working my way through school and Jim was working full time. The group of people that we worked with were fantastic. We all were good friends, so it was easy for me to get to know Jim. After I graduated, I left the bank for my current job. Jim is still currently employed at the bank.

I currently work in a research lab for the federal government. It isnt my dream job, but it pays pretty well. The worst part is my drive to work. I work just outside of the city limits of Philadelphia so it takes me 45min to an hour to get there. I look forward to the day that I can leave that job, but I think I will try to stay until Jim and I have kids. I say 'try' because I am not yet a permenant employee, but that will hopefully change within the next few months.

Jim has 1 month left of classes for his massage therapy schooling. Graduation is the second weekend in July. He has also done a crossfiber class that he has just finished. So far he is loving it. The possibility of a career that he enjoys and that pays much better is promising!

I have also been working a part time job doing security. This has paid for Jim's tuition. We were able to break it up into 12 equal payments with no fees and no interest. Since he only has 1 month of classes left, that means there is only 1 tuition payment left. I am quite pleased at the prospect!

I have known for quite a while that my dream is to stay home with our kids, when we have them. We agree that we would like to have kids in about 2 years. I want to be able to raise my children, but I also want to be able to contribute to our household income. In years past that would have been next to impossible. But I believe that I can do it and will find a way!

This blog will be all about my journey to my destination of stay at home mom! I cant promise it will always be pretty. Im not sure everything I do will work. I dont even know what the end result will be. But I am determined to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment