Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Beginnings of Online Earning

I have a lot of downtime at my job. A LOT. There was a time when I would have 5 hours of down time everyday! So I turned to the internet to keep me entertained while I had to be there.

I had started a blog while I was in college. Well, I guess that isnt really fair. I had registered with two different blog sites. I never really did much blogging. Last summer, I started to spend more and more time on Xanga. Somehow, I managed to become a blogger. I wouldnt necessarily say that I am a good blogger. Even now, I may not be very good at it. But here I am!

I began to make my blogging niche at der-lila-Stern.xanga.com. I spent hours each day there. I would write about various things. Sometimes it was what was happening in my life. Other times it was something that irked me. You really never know what will come out on my blog!

Xanga has this credits program. You get credits for leaving comments on other blogs. You get credits for others leaving comments on your blog. You can also earn credits by posting certain widgets or taking surveys and completing offers. Those credits can then be used for various things. You can leave minis for others - which are little pictures in the comments that are just letting them know there was something special about the blog. You can use them to promote your blog. You can also use them to upgrade your blog to premium. With premium comes the ability to have more pictures. You can also then choose if you want ads on your blog. If you choose to have ads, you get to use your own Adsense code to earn money!

At first, I upgraded membership to get rid of the ads and be able to have more photos. After a while, I decided to give Adsense a try. I put the ads on my blog. No one seemed to mind that they were there. They didnt really bother me. So I let it stay that way.

It took 2 or 3 days for me to earn a penny or two. I was seriously considering taking the ads off. What was the point? It would take forever to get anything that way. Then someone clicked an ad for the first time. My earnings probably jumped about 25 cents. It still wasnt much, but it gave me hope that maybe I would eventually be able to get a payout from it. I thought it might be worth it to get that money eventually. So I decided to let it stay, permenantly!

That was the beginning. The wheels in my head started to turn. I had heard others talk about how they were earning money online. I knew of at least 2 moms through Xanga that were using the internet to earn money to support their family. Orginally, I thought they were earning enough money through adsense. I realized after I signed up that there was no way that many people were clicking on links. I knew there had to be something more, but I didnt know what.

I was on a mission to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment